Tuesday 27 May 2014

Dietitian Eats Series: Georgie Child

Today my good friend and fellow Dietitian Georgie lets us peek into her food diary with a look at what she eats in a day. If you've missed any of the Dietitian Eats Series posts then click here, here, here, here, here and here (yep there's already been quite a few- where have you been?!).


Georgie Child, Accredited Practising Dietitian

Currently working at a fresh healthy meal delivery company and keeping busy with her blog where she looks at different diets and ways of eating, and road tests them herself.

Twitter: @foodchild
Email: g.child@outlook.com
Food Philosophy: Food should be eaten with enjoyment and without guilt, in a balanced way that emphasises eating a variety of fresh and healthy foods for the most part, but with a few indulgences here and there.


7.30am Rolled oats cooked in milk and a dash of vanilla, with frozen berries and yoghurt in an almost-empty tahini jar. I think there’s nothing better than oats out of an almost empty nut or seed butter jar, getting some nutty seedy goodness in every bite. My favourite is tahini, so  it’s my lucky day finding a waning jar this morning. I find that without some sort of fat in my breakfast, it won’t tide me over very long.


8am Coffee follows breakfast. And lunch. I like coffee. I have a teaspoon of instant with a dash of skim milk ‘cos I’m all class.


12.30pm Tuna salad with avocado, pumpkin, Danish feta, dressed with balsamic vinegar and balsamic glaze. I think I’ve had a variation of this salad most days for the past 5 years of my life. I know, I know, variety is key; however I just love this combo.


3pm Yoghurt with berries, nuts, seeds and wheat puffs. I love breakfast foods, and find most of my snacks resemble a mini-breakfast.


7.30pm I was going over to my boyfriend’s place, and he doesn’t have a fridge yet (I KNOW, right!??). I brought over a chicken stir-fry for the both of us that I’d made at home. It was packed with veggies and was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. I usually use reduced-salt soy or tamari as the sodium can rack up in stir-fries.


8.30pm We were out and about and decided we could really go a slurpy. I hadn’t had one in years! This is one of those Zilched 1% Added Sugar varieties, and I shared it with my boyfriend. Usually I’ll have something like yoghurt and fruit for dessert, but this really hit the spot tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment