Banana muffins are one of those baked goods I think we all have a recipe for, hidden somewhere amongst the recipe books. They're a great way to use up over-ripe bananas, make a delicious lunch box snack or mid-afternoon treat, and the smell that fills your kitchen while they're baking is like nothing else!
I thought I'd share with you my favourite healthy banana muffin recipe, adapted from the millions that are out there, to form the only one you'll ever need…
½ C rolled oats
1 ¾ C wholemeal SR flour
½ tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 ripe bananas, mashed
½ C plain yoghurt
¼ C macadamia oil
¼ C honey
12 extra banana slices
1 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- Whisk eggs, oil, yoghurt, honey and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir in banana.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, oats, bicarb soda and cinnamon.
- Add dry mix to wet mix and stir until just combined.
- Pour into muffin tin lines with 12 muffin cases. Top each with 1 slice banana and a sprinkle of brown sugar (if using).
- Bake for ~20 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.